Registered Nurse - Intensive Care Unit
Company: Sutter Health
Posted on: May 19, 2023
MMC-Memorial Medical Center
Accountable for the assessment, coordination delivery and
evaluation of nursing care, including direct patient care,
patient/family education and transitions of care in an acute
patient setting. Delivers holistic and individualized care to all
patients in an assigned area. Develops, implements, and coordinates
a plan of care that incorporates psychological, sociocultural,
spiritual, economic, and life-style factors. Fosters and maintains
collaborative relationships between patients, their family/support
group, physicians, and other healthcare providers through timely
and effective communications. Adheres to hospital polices, industry
standards, best practices, and applicable laws and regulations to
promote an optimal patient experience.
ASSESSMENT AND PLANNING OF PATIENT CARE
- Conducts patient and family assessment encompassing
physiological, spiritual and emotional areas.
- Collaborates and communicates with physicians and other members
of the healthcare team to interpret, adjust, and coordinate daily
patient care plan to ensure a plan of care that is patient centric
with continuity of care.
- Partners with peers, management and other healthcare providers
to effectively streamline patient workflow, improve patient
outcomes, and provide the highest care quality.
- Communicates patients' plan of care to co-workers and
on-coming/off-going shift and between departments.PROVISION OF
- Provides competent, compassionate and cost-effective patient
care in accordance with unit, department, hospital policies,
scientific principles, evidence-based nursing practice/process,
nursing objectives and standards of care.
- Maintains a safe, comfortable and therapeutic environment for
each patient and their families/support group in accordance with
- Delegates tasks appropriately/effectively to team members based
on legal scopes of practice, licensure, educational preparation,
appropriate guidelines and individual capability.
- Communicates with and explains treatments/activities to patient
and family in a clear, open- ended, collaborative manner showing
care and concern, using teach back to ensure patient understanding
of explanations, and integrating patient learning and educational
- Maintains mindfulness in delivery of individualized care and in
communication with patients and families, with a safety focus.
- Performs job duties in compliance with established hospital
policies and procedures, as well as local, state and federal
regulations to provide the highest level of patient care.
- Upholds the confidentiality of all patients protected health
information (PHI) and protects all PHI from accidental, intentional
or inappropriate disclosure.
- Remains current in advancements, trends, and best practices
related to acute care and area of specialty and in professional
nursing practice.EVALUATION OF PATIENT CARE
- Monitors patient care interventions, assesses therapies,
evaluates outcomes, and intervenes as warranted.
- Conducts ongoing education for patients and their families to
ensure optimal patient care from admission through transitions of
- Reassesses, evaluates and documents each patient's response to
the plan of care and adjusts the plan as needed.
- Reports any safety or compliance concerns via appropriate
channels and participates in safety events to prevent future
occurrences. Accurately documents and updates all treatment
information in the patient's electronic health record (EHR).
- Develops, implements, documents formal teaching and transition
planning that includes the patient/family in care for identified
- Verifies and helps validate competency of newly hired and/or
student staff to perform special tasks of nursing care as
- Serves as a clinical resource and mentor to newly hired staff
and helps orient them to the unit, as requested.
- May orient other nursing and patient care support staff,
special tasks of nursing care.EDUCATION
- Equivalent experience will be accepted in lieu of the required
degree or diploma.
- Other: Graduate of an accredited school of
nursing.CERTIFICATION & LICENSURE
- RN-Registered Nurse of California
- BLS-Basic Life Support Healthcare ProviderDEPARTMENT REQUIRED
CERTIFICATION & LICENSURE
- Department: Emergency Department, ACLS-Advanced Cardiac Life
- Department: Intensive/Critical Care Unit, ACLS-Advanced Cardiac
Life SupportPREFERRED EXPERIENCE AS TYPICALLY ACQUIRED IN:
- 2 years nursing experience or successful completion of a Sutter
Health Nursing Residency ProgramDEPARTMENT SPECIFIC EXPERIENCE
- Department: 2 years ICU RN experienceSKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Demonstrated general knowledge and competence with regard to
nursing theories, concepts and practices; medical terminology;
anatomy; and physiology.
- Working knowledge of the healthcare industry, safety precaution
policies, best practices regarding patient care and privacy, and
changes in local/state/federal regulations.
- Possess written and verbal communications skills to explain
sensitive information clearly and professionally to diverse
audiences, including non-medical people.
- Time management and organizational skills, including the
ability to prioritize patient care, assignments and work within
standardized policies, procedures, and practices to achieve
objectives and meet time sensitive activities.
- Basic knowledge of computer applications, such as Microsoft
Office Suite (Word and Outlook).
- Work independently as well as be part of the team, while
accomplishing multiple interventions in an ever-changing
- Ability to communicate and engage team members, patients and
families in a variety of stressful situations.
- Use existing procedures and critical thinking to identify and
solve routine or complex problems
- Ensure the privacy of each patient's protected health
- Build collaborative relationships with peers and other
healthcare providers to achieve departmental and corporate
- Prioritize assignments and work within standardized policies,
procedures, and scientific methods to achieve objectives and meet
deadlines.PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES AND REQUIREMENTS
See required physical demands, mental components, visual activities
& working conditions at the following link:
Pay Range: $35.23 - $79.95
The salary range for this role may vary above or below the posted
range as determined by location. This range has not been adjusted
for any specific geographic differential applicable by area where
the position may be filled. Compensation takes into account several
factors including but not limited to a candidate's experience,
education, skills, licensure and certifications, department equity,
training and organizational needs. Base pay is just one piece of
the total rewards program offered by Sutter Health. Eligible roles
also qualify for a comprehensive benefits package.
Days of the Week:
Every other Weekend
Number of Openings:
This position may regularly work, store, prepare, receive, unpack,
transport, dispose of, or administer drug(s) identified as
hazardous, or potentially hazardous, by the National Institute for
Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) for purposes of USP 800.
Sutter Health is an equal opportunity employer
Schedule/Shift: Regular/ Nights
Keywords: Sutter Health, Ceres , Registered Nurse - Intensive Care Unit, Healthcare , Ceres, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...