Company: Highgate Hotels, LP
Location: San Francisco
Posted on: September 24, 2019
The Restaurant Server is responsible for providing the highest
quality of service to guests in an attentive, courteous, and
efficient manner. He/she is also responsible for receiving and
delivering guests orders and collecting payment.
* Employees must at all times be attentive, friendly, helpful and
courteous to all guests, managers and fellow employees.
* Be familiar with the organization of the Restaurant(s), lounges,
and Room Service and know the function of each job position.
* Have a thorough knowledge of menus and current specials in
* Service guests with all food and beverage requirements in an
attentive, courteous, and efficient manner.
* Pre-bus all tables removing soiled dishes after each course.
* Be familiar with the operation of the P.O.S system.
* Perform cashiering functions by closing checks and preparing end
of shift paperwork.
* Perform opening and closing procedures and side-work duties
according to station rotation assignment and established
* Ensure that tables and side stands are kept stocked, tidy and
* Keep all beverages at least full (coffee, tea, soda, water, and
* Breakdown trays of soiled dishes and linen in the dishroom
according to established standards.
* Answer the telephone according to standards.
* Consistently upsell food, beverage and promotional items to
* Be familiar with fire extinguishers, locations and know how to
* Receive and deliver food and beverage orders and collect
* Ensure overall guest satisfaction.
* High School diploma or equivalent and/or experience in a hotel or
a related field preferred.
* Flexible and long hours sometimes required.
* Medium work-Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally,
and/or 20 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry,
push, pull or otherwise move objects.
* Ability to stand during entire shift.
* Must be able to maneuver throughout the dining area while
carrying full trays of food & beverages.
* Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and
written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive,
friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
* Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying
concerns raised by employees and guests.
* Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions
to meet deadlines.
* Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an
attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
* Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
* Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Highgate Hotel
Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to
the needs of the hotel.
* Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming,
which includes wearing the proper uniform and nametag.
* Comply with Highgate Hotel Standards and regulations to encourage
safe and efficient hotel operations.
* Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and
assist in implementing solutions.
* Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating,
preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
* Must be able to understand and apply complex information, data,
etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
* Must be able to cross-train in other hotel related areas.
* Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
* Must be able to show initiative, including anticipating guest or
* Perform other duties as requested by management.
* Maintain a friendly and warm demeanor at all times.
Highgate Hotels and its subsidiary companies will provide equal
employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to an
applicant s race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin,
disability, genetic information, uniformed services, veteran
status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression or any
other legally protected classification. Highgate Hotels will
provide reasonable accommodations to allow an applicant to
participate in the hiring process (e.g., accommodations for a test
or job interview) if so requested.
Keywords: Highgate Hotels, LP, Ceres , Restaurant Server, Hospitality & Tourism , San Francisco, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!